Stone, Concrete, or Wood Flooring? What Are My Options?
There are many materials that can be used for flooring purposes. However, not all of them are suitable for residential purposes, so picking the right one can be pretty crucial. A good tile flooring could make your home easier to clean but a nice wood flooring can increase the value of your home and make it a lot more comfortable. Anyway, here are some of the more popular flooring materials that you can choose from:
- Laminate is one of the most popular materials. It has average insulation qualities. It’s easy to maintain and replace, but it’s easily damaged. It’s susceptible to water. Also, heavy traffic and scratching can ruin its shine. So, not only do you have to avoid getting it wet, but you also need to be careful not to scratch and damage it. The good side to it is that it’s pretty cheap and easy to replace.
- Wood flooring is also very nice. Hardwood in particular has some outstanding qualities. It can last for many decades. All it takes, is regular care. It has to be sealed and polished once or twice per year depending on the amount of wear that it gets. The sealing coats can protect the wood from actual deterioration and moisture, but it wears out quickly. So, you need to vacuum it regularly. It should not get wet because it can get seriously damaged.
- Concrete floors are uncommon for residential flooring, but they are amazing. They can be made to look very good. They come in different colors and can be printed into various textured patterns. This can make them both better-looking and slip-resistant. Unlike a wood floor installation, concrete is easy to install but impossible to remove. So, you have to be careful what you wish for.
- Tile floors are also a great option. They are very durable too. They can resist all sorts of influences and deterioration, and look pretty good. That makes them excellent for kitchens and bathrooms, but they can also look good in other rooms, especially if you cover them with a nice carpet or two.
If you ever need help with installing or maintaining a wood flooring, just give Heritage Hardwood Floors of Aberdeen, NC a call at (910) 783-5617!
Choosing a Trustworthy Floor Installation Service Provider
If you are planning to reinstall the flooring in any of the rooms in your home or are moving into a new home that needs an immediate floor installation, then this article should help you find the right contractor for the job. This is important because investing in quality flooring can increase the market value of your property. Also, it will make your living in it a lot more comfortable. Naturally, different flooring types are installed differently, so you will need to find a skilled contractor. To do that, you need to find the answers to several crucial questions:
- Do they offer floor installation services for the flooring material that you want? Different companies choose to specialize in different areas of expertise. So, you may find companies that work with hardwood but don’t lay concrete floors. Make sure your candidates can provide you with the right type of services.
- Are they good enough and do they have the neccessary paperwork? You need a contractor with experience and all the necessary paperwork. Reputable contractors are fully licensed and insured professionals. So, if you meet someone who is pretending to be a certified flooring contractor, don’t trust him. Ask for background information, and if they can’t provide any, look for someone else.
- How do I know if they are worth hiring? If a certain flooring contractor doesn’t look presentable or professional, avoid hiring them. Look for reputable companies online, and check out their customer comments and responses. Are the customers satisfied or disappointed from the floor installation services they received? If there are a lot of happy customer comments, then why not give them a try?
- How expensive are their services? Before you hire a company, you should ask for their price rates first. You need to be sure that you’re not paying too much or too little. Companies that offer too low price rates, usually cut corners, so we recommend you avoid such contractors. Ask several companies for estimates, and choose the ones with the highest quality of services at the most competitive rates.
For quality floor installation services in Aberdeen, NC, call Heritage Hardwood Floors at (910) 783-5617!